Difference between revisions of "About this website, purpose and setup"
m (Oostenrijr moved page About this website to About this website, purpose and setup without leaving a redirect: Text replace - "About this website" to "About this website, purpose and setup")
Revision as of 15:00, 19 June 2014
Purpose and set-up of this website
- This website presents a complete and concise description of IMAGE 3.0, the Integrated Model to Assess the Global Environment version 3.0.
- The website has been prepared for those working at the science-policy interface, a client, partner or user for assessments with IMAGE 3.0.
- All model components are described in broad terms, focusing on functionalities, feedbacks, uncertainties, and policy applications. For more detail, reference is made to underlying scientific papers, listed as key publications.
- IMAGE framework introduction and IMAGE framework summary provide an introduction to IMAGE 3.0, and the main model setup.
- All model components are described in Component pages. These can be accessed by clicking on the corresponding boxes in the Framework scheme presented at ( Components overview). Components can be read separately. Clicking on the scheme icon top right, links back to the Components overview.
- Each model component is described as follows: 1) Introduction and Input/Output Table, 2) Model description, 3) Policy issues, and 4) Data, uncertainties and limitations 5) All references. Figures include a model flowchart, baseline results, and results for one or several policy interventions.
- The results illustrate the type of studies that can be carried out with IMAGE. They are based on recent IMAGE assessments (see Applications), and as far as possible taken from peer-reviewed literature or published PBL reports. Thus, the underlying baselines may vary throughout the book.
- The Download page contains the setup for the User Support Systemto view IMAGE scenario results.
Further information can be found via overviews (menu option navigation) or by browsing the website (menu option browse wiki).
For information or questions, please use the contact form.