User Support System IMAGE scenarios
The User Support System (USS) is a visualisation tool that enables a comprehensive view on the scenario data of IMAGE runs. You can download this tool covering a number of projects.
The USS 'client' is available from our ftp site:
The viewer gives you access to the IMAGE scenario data of projects. Scenario data resides on the PBL server. How to get and use the data, see below.
There are currently two packages available:
- USS_IMAGE2.2: viewer for scenarios of the Millennium Ecosystem Assessment - MA (2005) project and IPCC SRES (2000) project;
- USS_IMAGE2.4-2.5: viewer for scenarios of OECD Environmental Outlook to 2050 (2012) project, Roads from Rio+20 (2012) project, EU Resource efficiency (2011) project.
Each package has a 64bit and a 32bit variant. Choose the 64bit version if you use a 64bit based system.
USS_IMAGE2.2 is available in zip format or wrapped in an installation.exe, USS2.4-5 only in zip format. Both ways lead to an identical setup.
How to start the viewer
The zipfile need to be unzipped somewhere on your system. Use the shortcuts 'start_<projectname>_viewer ' to start the viewer. The start view will show up and a browser window with the Help-pages. The Help starts with the How to page, which contains a short manual to the viewer.
The USS22_setup_32/64bit.exe installs the files on your system.
How to download data - graph
Position the cursor in the border of a box ( container) or graph. Right mouse click and select the option:
- Save selection as Excel...: A dataset will be created from the visible lines in the graph (your classes selection of the dimensions of the active dataset). You can save the (xml) file on your system.
- Save container as Excel...: A dataset will be created of all data of the selected graph or of all the graphs in a selected box (container) with exception of map data (see below).
Open the xml file with Excel.
How to download data - map
Position the cursor in the border of the map. Right mouse click and select the option:
- Save...: You can save map data on your system. All available years will be included in the dataset. However this dataset only contains values for the IMAGE land cells. In order to use the data in GIS software, you will need to convert the dataset into ascii-grid format.
The zip-file contains an utility folder. It includes the m2gis program. Double click on the m2gis.exe and a form will guide you through the conversion.