Nature Outlook: perspectives on nature in the EU
How can citizens, organisations and businesses become more engaged in the protection and development of nature in the EU? More engagement is needed, as policy targets are not within reach. In the Nature Outlook, PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency uses a new approach to explore this question. Based on the multiple visions that people have on nature, we have elaborated four different perspectives on nature in the EU by 2050 and explore the synergies between them. Which new approaches could complement current nature policies? read more
- 17 December 2015 - Philosophers’ Dialogue on Nature in Modern Society, Now and in the Future – Watch the videos!
- 5 October 2015 - Nature in Modern Society, Now and in the Future – a philosophers’ debate, 11 November
- 15 July 2015 - Nature Outlook at Green Week 2015
- 15 July 2015 - Final results Outlook will be published in autumn 2016
- read more news
Philosophers’ Dialogue on Nature in Modern Society, Now and in the Future – Watch the videos!
11 November, the PBL Nature Outlook project organised a thought-provoking dialogue between Bruno Latour, Roger Scruton, Wilhelm Schmid and Annemarie Mol on the fundamental value of nature in society.> more information
Together with stakeholders
Involving stakeholders from across Europe is important for the Nature Outlook project. The aim is to truly cover the different views of groups of people on the value and future of nature. Two important pillars are a series of stakeholder dialogues in Brussels and a citizens’ survey in nine EU Member States.> read more
Perspectives on nature
People view nature in different ways. And people with differing visions see different futures for nature. The Nature Outlook explores these different futures.> read more
A fresh look at nature
The Nature Outlook offers a fresh look at the long-term future of nature in Europe and points to new coalitions between governments, businesses and civil society.> read more
- 11 October 2016 | Presentation at Meeting of the EU Nature and Biodiversity Directors, Slovakia
- end October 2016 | Publication Citizens’ images and values of nature in Europe (survey)
- November 2016 | Publication of final results
Open invitation for input
For this project, we actively seek input from stakeholders throughout Europe. We are keen to hear your vision and ideas about nature in the EU. If you would like to contribute or become involved, please let us know!
Contact: Henk van Zeijts, Project manager firstname.lastname@example.org +31 (0)6 2115 4942