Nature Outlook: perspectives on nature in the EU
How can citizens, organisations and businesses become more engaged in the protection and development of nature in the EU? More engagement is needed, as policy targets are not within reach. In the Nature Outlook, PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency uses a new approach to explore this question. Based on the multiple visions that people have on nature, we have elaborated four different perspectives on nature in the EU by 2050 and explore the synergies between them. Which new approaches could complement current nature policies? read more
- 13 December 2016 - Survey shows: Europeans have a broad conception of nature
- 2 November 2016 - Preview presented at nature directors’ meeting 10-12 October, final results to be published in February 2017
- 17 December 2015 - Philosophers’ Dialogue on Nature in Modern Society, Now and in the Future – Watch the videos!
- 5 October 2015 - Nature in Modern Society, Now and in the Future – a philosophers’ debate, 11 November
- 15 July 2015 - Nature Outlook at Green Week 2015
- 15 July 2015 - Final results Outlook will be published in autumn 2016
- read more news
Survey shows: Europeans have a broad conception of nature
According to a recent survey in 9 EU Member States, Europeans have a broad conception of nature. For them, anything from primeval forests to forest plantations and large crop fields is natural.> read more
Preview presented at nature directors’ meeting 10-12 October, final results to be published in February 2017
A first building block for a new EU biodiversity strategy’ – this is how representatives of IUCN European Regional Office described the Nature Outlook study by PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency.> read more
Philosophers’ Dialogue on Nature in Modern Society, Now and in the Future – Watch the videos!
11 November, the PBL Nature Outlook project organised a thought-provoking dialogue between Bruno Latour, Roger Scruton, Wilhelm Schmid and Annemarie Mol on the fundamental value of nature in society.> more information
Together with stakeholders
Involving stakeholders from across Europe is important for the Nature Outlook project. The aim is to truly cover the different views of groups of people on the value and future of nature. Two important pillars are a series of stakeholder dialogues in Brussels and a citizens’ survey in nine EU Member States.> read more
- 10 February 2017 | Key note at conference National Swiss Forum on Biodiversity, Bern
- March 2017 | Publication of final results
Open invitation for input
For this project, we actively seek input from stakeholders throughout Europe. We are keen to hear your vision and ideas about nature in the EU. If you would like to contribute or become involved, please let us know!
Contact: Henk van Zeijts, Project manager email@example.com +31 (0)6 2115 4942