Nature Outlook: visions for nature in the EU
What is the potential of new coalitions of governments, businesses and citizens to contribute to the EU’s biodiversity goals? In the Nature Outlook, PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency uses a new approach to explore this question. Based on the multiple visions that people and businesses have on nature, we will elaborate four different perspectives for nature in the EU by 2050. We will explore the synergies between them and identify corresponding coalitions of actors. What are the actions they can take to bring desired futures near?
- 2-6 August 2015 | Presentation at the 27th International Congress for Conservation Biology in Montpellier, France
- September 2015 | Survey results, citizens' images of nature
- 6 October 2016 | Second meeting scientific review group
- 11 November 2015 | Philosophers’ dialogue
- Autumn 2016 | Publication of final results
Open invitation for input
For this project, we actively seek input from stakeholders throughout Europe. We are keen to hear your vision and ideas about nature in the EU. If you would like to contribute or become involved, please let us know!
For more information, please contact the project manager Henk van Zeijts (firstname.lastname@example.org or phone no. +31 6 2115 4942).